“We are constantly striving to be the best in our business and a leader in our industry,” the company says. “CPD’s award-winning approach is centered on customer service and satisfaction.” The company’s plans are to increase its food offerings for retailers and employ the various advantages of technology to enhance its business and grow its marketshare.
Currently, it is running pilot programs with various foodservice suppliers to test the popularity of their dishes with consumers and retailers. It also is experimenting with solar energy, offering additional training to its employees and investigating the environmental conditions of its facilities with an environmental assessment and consulting company.
CPD Energy Corp. supplies convenience stores and gasoline stations as well as wholesaling gasoline products. “We know what makes a successful store, and you can use our experience to bolster your success, as well,” the company tells wholesalers.
The company says it is not just about selling gas. “We are a local, family owned company that cares about the success of our customers,” the company says. “What sets CPD apart is that we have the expertise and experience to help make your location a success. With CPD, you get big-company buying power with family company service.
“CPD’s experienced professionals give you the personal touch. We are easy to do business with. You will have regular contact with someone from our team. We help you track your fuel consumption to be sure that your deliveries arrive on time. CPD will help you manage your underground storage for maximum cash flow.”
Wholesalers, as CPD customers, also are able to participate in the company’s buying groups so they can obtain the best products at the right prices. “Our focus is on doing everything we can to help your locations be successful,” the company says.
CPD’s merchandising experts advise wholesalers on stocking the right products and quantities and let them know of recommended seasonal changes in inventory levels and discount purchasing opportunities. The company also has opportunities for those who are looking to purchase a new location.
“Because of our large presence in the Tri-State area, we know and understand the market for locations,” the company says. “Put our expertise to work for you!”
CPD Energy Corp. expands by acquisition and through organic growth. Recently, it purchased assets and supply interests in 83 gasoline station properties owned by ExxonMobil in Westchester County, along with the downstate Hudson Valley areas of New York state.
The stations will add to the company’s portfolio of sites owned, operated and supplied in New York state, Connecticut, New Jersey and Pennsylvania. The 83 stations will remain branded Mobil and will be operated as a combination of company, dealer and supply facilities.
“We are proud to welcome the dealers and employees of these stations to our company’s family and business portfolio,” CEO Mickey Jamal said. “These high-quality facilities fit well with our company’s current demographic and long-term strategy of providing quality products and outstanding customer service to the motoring public.”
All Mobil employees at the company-operated locations were offered positions with CPD. “We are looking forward to this important part of the current Mobil staff becoming an integral part of the Chestnut family and participating in our continuing business growth.” Jamal said.
CPD Energy offers retailers a convenient stop for their customers to pick up a few necessities, a rest stop for the road-weary commuter or a place for a motorist to refuel with high-quality gasoline.
Among the awards CPD Energy Corp. has won is induction into the Food Industry Hall of Fame. CPD’s driving philosophy is centered on excellence, expertise and experience. “You know you are getting great service, good food, and refreshing drinks at CPD,” the company says.
Its locations offer one or more of the following:
- •Lotta Java is CPD’s own branded coffee. It is locally roasted, natural coffee. “We have taken special concern to be sure this coffee is totally natural,” the company says. “Our specially selected blend is tenderly roasted right here in the Tri-State area to ensure freshness. All flavorings are natural – no chemical additives are used.
- •Chestnut Ridge Natural Spring Water is CPD’s own branded spring water.
- •Dunkin’ Donuts is one of the popular brands carried by CPD Energy.
- •Deli sandwiches – Some CPD Energy sites offer full deli service. All locations provide lunch on-the-go or a quick snack with the freshest ingredients and fastest service, CPD says.
- •Fresh hot dogs – These great American stand-bys can be obtained at hot-dog bars in CPD Energy’s convenience stores that allow customers to select and prepare their own hot dogs and choose a variety of condiments and toppings.
- •Snacks and drinks – CPD Energy provides a large selection of quick and delicious foods and snacks. Whether in the winter, spring, summer or fall, CPD Energy says it has enough variety that even customers who aren’t sure what they want will find some snack or drink that intrigues them into a purchase.
- •High-quality fuel – “All gas is not the same!” CPD Energy insists. Depending on the location, fuel choices include ExxonMobil, Shell, Sunoco and Gulf. “You can know that you are giving your car gas that meets the CPD standards of quality,” the company says.
- •Award-winning service – One of the things that got CPD into the Food Industry Hall of Fame is its service. “We have the level of service that you have every right to expect,” the company tells customers.
The Food Industry Hall of Fame was established to recognize individuals who have dedicated themselves to excellence in the food industry. It selects individuals who clearly have the recognition and respect of industry peers for their contributions and commitment.